Position: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Experience: 6 to 12 Years
Education: Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Applications or a closely related field
Location: Reston, Virginia, USA
- Experience of working in QA/Testing Roles, and should have strong understanding of different Testing Types viz. Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Compatibility Testing, Test Automation etc.
- Knowledge on Fundamentals of Non-Functional Testing (Performance/Security Testing)
- Must have strong knowledge and experience of end-to-end Testing cycle, which includes Test strategy definition, Test planning, Test cases design, Test Execution, Defects triage, Quality Report preparation etc.
- Knowledge on tools such as Selenium, Protractor, Restassured library etc
- Knowledge on source code version controlling systems such as Github or SVN
- Knowledge on Development environment software such as Apache Maven, Powershell etc
- Knowledge and Experience of Testing of Analytics based Products/Solutions
- Knowledge on defect tracking software such as Atlassian Jira, Fogbugz etc
- Strong Knowledge and Experience of
- API/Web services Testing
- Test Automation using BDD (Behavior Driven Development) framework
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop testing procedures or routines to support new product development and enhancements
- Develop automated test scripts, libraries and utilities through software programming
- Design or develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Develop software system testing, Integration testing, unit testing or validation procedures
- Working closely with developers to create test specifications/conditions and build test cases to rigorously test product functionality and investigate all potential product test failures
- Performing data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop test scenarios; triage and troubleshoot complex user-reported system defects; assisting in various system troubleshooting, balancing and correction efforts including analysis, verification and validation of issues and fixes
- Communicating test results to project teams (internal and external) in a clear and comprehensive manner to aid in resolution
- Assisting in systems and business process support across multiple client engagements.
- Coordinating activities including on-time delivery, testing, production moves and follow-up when necessary; working as technical support and liaison to designated IT personnel to provide testing, support and feedback on enhancement requests and regular updates/releases; adhere to release schedules
- Providing analytical support for critical corporate initiatives including business function support for system migrations and consolidations, significant business area process improvement projects and complex product installations.
- Responsible for consulting with business areas, clients, project managers, other departments on project status, proposals and technical issue
- Demonstrating a high level of subject matter expertise in functional area supported to bridge business requirements and IT solutions; providing technical direction and ensure compliance with best practice solutions.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Setup and test in multiple test environments comprising various OS and Browser versions, different mobile devices, and on the cloud
- Participating in scrum meetings to be aware of deployment plans, feature changes, and resolution of defects